Thursday, March 1, 2012




Two years ago, Hector Moralez was on a visit to France for some gigs and to work on some tracks with his production partner, Phil Weeks. After a few days in the studio, the pair had some time to kill before Hector had to catch his flight back to San Francisco, so they decided to have a bit of fun with their MPC. A few hours later, they ended up with one of the biggest underground hits of 2010, "Forever This".

Ahead of the Winter Music Conference just weeks away, the new Remixes have landed exclusively at Stompy. With DJ Sneak, Doc Martin, DJ W!ld, Chemars, Askander and David Glass all contributing, it's a foregone conclusion that you will hear this all over the conference. We spoke with Hector Moralez to find out a little more about the new single.



Stompy - The original was such a big hit. Did you think it was going to have the impact it did?

Hector - We did it spontaneously just because we had more time on our hands before I was heading back to San Francisco. We never thought it was going to make such a big impact!

Stompy - At what moment did you realize, whoa, this thing is huge?

Hector - In Miami at WMC 2010, all the way!!   Every party we went to, we heard other DJ's droppin it!  Like, Doc Martin, DJ Sneak, Mark Farina, Fred Everything, so many others. We couldn't believe it and it happened all week like that.

Stompy - How did you decide who was going to remix it?

Hector - I was very lucky, I was approached and then made my decisions.   I never planned to do any Remixes, but figured now was a great time right before Miami again.


Stompy - What's been the feedback and response from the tastemakers so far?

Hector - The response is all positive from everyone I've sent it to so far.  There's something for everyone in this remix package, they each have a different sound for all types of styles.  I personally love ALL the mixes!


Stompy - You recently celebrated your one year anniversary of your move to France. What's been your biggest accomplishment the past year?

Hector - There really isn't "one thing", for me its many….. Living in France for a year has been a huge accomplishment, and the best thing for me!  

I just joined with a new agent, so I finally have proper representation and its official.  I'd have to say my biggest accomplishment is completing my first album with Chris Carrier.  A partner I've worked with for the past 10 years, and we dedicated ourselves to this project for the past year..and I'm really proud of it - I love it!   It really tells the story of my last year living in France.  Its a real album, there's everything under the sun on it.


Stompy - What are your goals for 2012?

Hector - Doin' WORK is my goal!  I'm the most motivated I've ever been in my career.  I have a really strong team around me, and I couldn't do it without them involved.   I have big goals and plans for 2012… I just completed my first solo EP on Robsoul called "I Got Loops"; I'm working on an EP for Sneak on Magnetic called "Trax From The Heart".  Expanding the "We The Brand" theme.  I've recently been approached by a few investors, so things are looking great for "We The Brand"!  I've created some new shirt designs, and I'm throwing our WMC event in Miami on March 19th @ Tree House.

Coming soon, my collaboration with DJ W!LD will expand and we're hosting "TAKE A TRIP" parties all over the world..  But most of all - releasing this new album with Chris and then touring as a Live act together, to support the album.  We're really excited and ready, this will be my first time doing Live shows with the mic and machines!   

And last but not least,  Phil and I just finished a new Fries & Bridges single "Pipe Cleaner". If you liked Forever This, you're gonna love this one!   With "Pipe Cleaner" Phil and I are confident this time its gonna be huge!   

Oh yeah.. One more thing.. I finally went digital with Minority Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment